Friday, December 5, 2008

Mouse in the House

Okay, I just had to share this with you because I have been freaking out. Alex and I were snuggling on the couch (something that Alex rarely allows) watching Dora the Explorer and I see a mouse run across my living room and go behind the couch.AAAAAHHHHHAAAAHHH!! I am one who is scared to death of most things so this is not a good thing. I am like um,um,um that is a mouse. Alex asks what and I tell him it is a mouse  and he says, "i kill it mom , I get it" My little 3 year old is going to protect me. I call Eric to tell him and he just laughs at me and tells me to get it, my mom tells me to go get some mouse traps. So after sitting frozen on the couch for a few minutes I get this brilliant idea to sweep it out the front door. Wrong! I sweep it from behind the couch and it runs behind the TV. I am screaming and Alex is screaming and laughing. I am jumping from couch to couch because of course I can't touch the ground. So I decide to run to the store and get the best mouse traps I can. I get there and ask where they are and a lady tells me to get gummy bears, suck on them for a minute and then put them on the trap. OK I will do that. So I got traps, gummy bears and we are good to go. Now that I am home I am to chicken to get them set because that means I will have to put my hand behind the TV and couch. The mouse may still be there. I will wait until the boys come home and let them do it for me, they will think it is cool. So now I am sitting with my feet up and not moving because the mouse may strike!! I know, I know I am a little crazy but that is just me. No more late night wanderings to the kitchen in the dark for me!

7 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh, My I would have freaked out myself.

Becca Brown said...

Of course that would happen to you. I don't think I could have left the room because I would be afraid the mouse would run to somewhere else & not be able to find it again. I think you handled it pretty well. =)

Jenni said...

Remember, mice are like roaches - if you see one that means there's a whole family somewhere. Keep your traps set and add some down in the basement and in your pantry. Have Eric check around the outside of the house for how they're getting in. We had mice several times in our old house and it gives me the shivers just thinking about it.

johnandcourtney said...

I was thinking the same thing as Becca, "of course that would happen to you." I am so sorry, that would SOOO freak me out.

Kris Tracy Broc said...

Hi Julie, this is Tracy Carrigan (Hjorten) I found your blog through Adam Birkmeyer. Hope you don't mind. You have a beautiful family.
Sorry to hear about the mouse, that is scarey.
check us out is you like at
http://broctherock.blogspot.com
Glad to see you are doing well

"THE" fab 5 said...

Julie,
I noticed you commented on my blog, so I checked yours out. Cute family. It is neat to see how our lives have changed. I loved seeing the pictures of all of your family. I will now be watching your blog to see how your family is doing.
Kristin (Hjorten) Garcia

hjofam said...

Julie~
This is Cami, Erik's wife. Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog. You have a beautiful family as well. It's nice getting in touch with people who we (Erik) haven't seen or talked to in a while. Now that we know you have a blog, we will be sure to keep updated on how you guys are doing. Feel free to do the same with us. Take care.
Cami