Monday, September 7, 2009

Alex starts Preschool

From Recently Updated


The long awaited day finally arrived. Alex was so excited he could hardly contain himself. We went out the day before and bought Spiderman shoes for him in hopes that he would wear them to school. Anyone who knows sweet Alex knows he does not like to wear socks because they hurt him. The seams bother him. It is a big thing with him and it drives me CRAZY!!! But I thought with Spiderman shoes he would be overjoyed and forget about the seams in the socks. Morning started out so great. he was excited and jumping around and had his backpack on and then came the dreaded words, "Alex go get your shoes and socks on." Well he lost it then and we spent the next 30 minutes listening to him cry. I tried to be patient, I tried to be kind, I tried stern. I tried it all and finally left to walk the other boys to the bus stop while he screamed on the driveway. I know I am a terrible mom. But I had had it. Then while I was waiting for the bus I thought why. Why am I fighting him on it. So I went home and told him to put his flip flops on, and the tears turned off and he was happy again. So if you see him with flip flops in the dead of winter don't judge me please, know that I have tried. He has sensitive skin and the little seams on the socks bother him so. Any suggestions would be welcome!By the way he absolutely loved preschool. Not one tear was shed. This from the kid who still doesn't go to Sunbeams without crying. He had so much fun and loved it. I also loved 2.5 hours all to myself. I think I am going to love this school year especially Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
From Recently Updated

First place he headed as soon as we got there

No comments: