Sunday, March 29, 2009

Our week in Review

No picture moments this week, or if there was I did not have my camera to capture the moment. So here is what we were up to this week:
ANDREW: first soccer practice and game of new season. He was so excited because his team is undefeated and he loves to win. He did win his game on Saturday and he was pretty excited. He finished his report on President Ford and did a good job. Played with his cousins and of course asked everyday to play his DS.

JOSHY: Finally started soccer. He was so excited to be able to play soccer on his own team. Had his first practice on Friday and it was a bit chilly so he didn't want to do much because he was cold, can't say that  I blame him. He also got to play at a friends house and had so much fun. Anytime playing is involved Joshy is your guy.

ALEX: What can I say about this kid. He tests me daily and some days I am not sure if we are going to make it through our day. He is strong willed to say the least and WOW he likes things his way or no way. Let me give you a little snippet of what I endure on a daily basis with this one. Friday, Josh and Alex had to come with me to BYU for a field trip  with my school. It was at the BYU Planetarium but we parked over by the museum of art. So it was a little walk and we were running a little late. We were walking very fast and he quickly got tired and so I picked him up. Well he did not like the way I was carrying him (on my hip like usual), so he was crying and carrying on. I put him down and he cried harder. I told him I would carry him if he stopped crying, not going to happen. So we walked across campus with him crying and carrying on the whole way. I received quite a few looks from the college students, but he cried if I held him or if he walked. AAAGGHHH! I was a little frustrated to say the least by the time we reached the Planetarium. He didn't stop there, he cried, if he didn't get to touch something or see something that Joshy was looking at. So we staying for 20 minutes and checked students in and then left ( I was not even going to attempt sitting through the 50 minute presentation with him), and he whined the whole way back to the car.
That is just one of my many encounters with my Alex this week. It is an endless journey but there were a few highlights with him that showed his sweeter side. Yesterday, the boys were all outside playing and all of a sudden  Alex walks up to me turns my head and gives me a KISS! Then just like that he walked away and said"bye, I am going to work." So sweet. And last night at the Flash game when he wasn't throwing a fit he was sitting on my lap and letting me rub his back and head and just cuddling with me. 

ERIC:Church, Work and Church. Oh he did get to go to one Flash Game with us this week. And he made it through his last Saturday of work!!! YEah! He will now be home with us on the weekends

JULIE: went to the doctors to find out about surgery on my knee, had an MRI to find out more, did Cents of Style party, went to RS birthday dinner, went to Dr  to get tested for strep again, went to different shoe party at friends house, watched Mark and Cheri's kids so they could celebrate their anniversary. Took 7 kids under 8 to soccer practice, and soccer game. Went to dinner with brother and his family(free Five Guys cause they were training. YUMMY!) and then to a Flash game. Okay, I think that about covers it. So I must apologize to my boys (Eric included) if I was a little inpatient with them, I did not feel the greatest this week and we had a lot going on. I do love them and I will try to be more patient and understanding this week.
So, if you made it through this whole post, welcome to our life. Crazy and hectic but worth it in the end.

4 comments:

Erin Spenc said...

That was a really cute post. I like all the updates.

johnandcourtney said...

It was really fun to hang out last night! We love you guys.

Brit H. said...

Wow! You DID have a crazy week! Those boys are so cute. Yay, again for Eric being done with his junky work schedule!

Nikki said...

Cute posting. You are a busy girl. We miss you!