Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Andrew Plays Soccer

Andrew decided that he wanted to play soccer this year. So we signed him up and he is on the Under 9 Cougars. I was a little worried about him playing just because last time he played he wasn't really into it. He did great his first game and has enjoyed practices until last week. He had a total meltdown and was crying and carrying on. I could not figure out what the problem was and just tried telling him to suck it up and play. his coach was so patient and kind to him. I told him he needed to stop crying or we were going home and he was going to bed. I figured he was overly tired. He tends to stay up way to late. He is in his room by 8:30-9:00 with lights out and yet he doesn't fall asleep until 11. It drives us bonkers, he has so much energy and just keeps going and going. Anyway, he finally got back into practice and they were having a scrimmage. His coach played goalie on Andrew's team and was totally pumping Andrew up every time he went after the ball and kicked it out. This all happened on Wednesday. Fast forward to Saturdays game and he went out there and played defense. I keep telling him he has to be aggressive and go after the ball. his response to me "I know mom, I know". Well they were winning and so the coach decided to give the boys that play defense some action. Andrew moved up to mid field. Andrew scored a GOAL!!!!! It was so awesome, I got a little teary eyed. He was so excited and happy. I hope this means he will do well at practice tonight. Way to go andrew! Keep up the good work!

Getting ready for his first game.


Getting in on the action. Yes that is his teammate.

No comments: