Monday, July 28, 2008

Family Picture

I thought I would post a family picture. I have been trying to get one on for a while and have been unsuccessful. But this is a pretty good one I think of my family. These last few weeks we have been thinking about moving to another part of our development so that we could save a little money and stay in our ward. We thought we had a place lined up, we just needed to work out some kinks and it was all going as we hoped. When I talked to the landlord again, it was a little different story so we weren't sure what we were going to do. Well one call changed it all for us and made it clear where we needed to be. We are staying in our house and Eric will serve in the bishopric of our new ward. It was a little bittersweet to know that we would not be in the same ward as some friends anymore, but they are so close that I know we will still see them. We are where we need to be and will do what is asked of us.
Eric is a little overwhelmed and kinda has the deer in the headlights look but I know that he will do a great job and our family will be blessed. Eric's parents were able to be here (thanks pam and scott) to support him and be here for us. My brother and his family and Eric's sisters and their family were also there. It is so wonderful to be close to family. I hope they all know how much it meant to both Eric and I that they were there.
Well now we are on the countdown to HAWAII!!!!!! I leave tomorrow to take the boys to California so my parents can watch them. I hope my parents survive! I know they will and I hope it only makes their relationships with the boys that much stronger. Eric and I on the other hand will be kid free, and responsibility free for 8 whole days! We plan on scuba diving, scuba diving and scuba diving some more. There will be some other activities involved but that is the main one. We are so excited and will post pictures.

4 comments:

Trish said...

Congrats on the new calling - to both of you - it's a calling for you both, really :) We will miss you, but your are right - you are so close!

Have fun in Hawaii! So jealous. I've never been, so post lots of pics!!

Nikki said...

Congradulations on the new calling. Have fun on your trip. I am jealous can not wait to see some pictures.

Wendi said...

We are glad you are staying. Eric will do a great job, and he couldn't do it without you. It's totally a bittersweet thing though isn't it! Yea for Hawaii. Everyone needs at least one trip in their life! Have fun!

Erin said...

What can I say, but congrats and good luck! Eric will be wonderful! I hop this can bring some great blessing into your family. Hawaii will be a great place to let it all soak in!