Tuesday, August 25, 2009

14 Years and Counting

From 2009-08-25 wedding

From 2009-08-25 wedding


I can't believe that it has been 14 years since we were married in the San Diego Temple. We have grown so much and learned so much about each other and about ourselves. We shocked our families when we called to tell them that after knowing each other only 3 weeks we were going to get married. My parents were still recovering from my brothers wedding and now they had to plan mine. Your parents were moving to Texas. But we did it and it was beautiful.
When you think back over what we have gone through in the last 14 years it is amazing. We have both struggled through school, dealt with me being sick the first 3 months of our marriage. Graduated and found jobs, moved, dealt with the heartbreak of not being able to have children. Blessed with the miracle of adoption and our sweet boy Andrew. Moved again. Waited 5 years and again blessed with the miracle of adoption of our babies Josh and Alex. Moved. Started job and then another job. The list could go on and on. Yet through it all the one constant was us. Our love, our faith, our desire, our testimony. We made it. I would not be the person I am today without you by my side. You have picked me up and carried me through my darkest nights. You have laughed with me, cried with me and been there for me. I would not be who I am without you and our boys would not be who they are without you. You are my rock, my love, my life and my world. I love you Eric. I thank my Heavenly Father for you daily. It has been quite a ride and I look forward to even more. I love you always and forever.
From 2009-08-25 snowbird 09

4 comments:

Kim Allgood said...

Congratulations Eric and Julie! 14 years is a big deal and you are a great couple. We miss you both! 3 WEEKS! WOW! I hadn't heard that story before but it's perfect- when you know- you know!

Unknown said...

Your hairstyles haven't changed!!

Congratulations to you and here's to decades more!

Brit H. said...

Yay! Congrats! We love you guys! I love the pics too! I love seeing old pictures. You guys are great together! I hope that you are doing well!

Kris Tracy Broc said...

Congrates. 14 years is a long time! I just passed our 10th. Crazy!