Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Josh's First day of Preschool



This is Josh's 3rd year of preschool and he is still so excited about it. Of course this year he gets to ride the bus like his big brother Andrew, so that is pretty cool. He is now going to 4 day a week preschool at the same school that Andrew goes too. To say he is excited about it is an understatement. All morning he kept asking when he gets to go to preschool. I would tell him after lunch and he then proceeded to say he wanted to eat lunch now. Time means nothing to him so when I would say well you still have about 90 minutes, he asked "what's 90 minutes?" Alex had to get in on the picture because he wants to go on a bus like his brothers. However, he has been very good the last 2 days with his brothers gone. It is strange to have only 1 at home. My babies are growing up. Andrew is now the protector on the bus ride home. I told him he has a mission and that is to make sure his little brother is safe and not picked on. It worked they both got off the bus happy yesterday, so I hope it lasts.
I am a slaker mom in that I don't have any first day of 3rd grade pictures of Andrew. He is an old hat at this school thing and couldn't be bothered for pictures. Funny story though, they have 2 tracks at his school now early and late. He of course is on the late track. Well the first day of school he came home early. I couldn't figure out who was knocking on my door so early, it was Andrew. I asked him why he was home early and he said, "my teacher asked who came in the morning and I did." So we talked and I thought we had it all figured out. He told me Thursday he was a later gator, so I know he had it down. Then Friday comes and I get a call from the school secretary and then his teacher saying they think Andrew came home early. Sure enough he was walking up from the bus stop. When asked why he was home he told me that I told him he was supposed to be on the same bus as Spencer. Little stinker turned my words around. I think he just wanted to come home early because he was tired and Grammie and Poppa were here. I of course being the good mom told him he had to read until 3:30 because he was still supposed to be in school. I don't think he read very much, he was too busy eating. Silly boy, but we sure do love him!


My little guy getting on the great big bus. I did have to follow the bus to school to make sure he was okay. A good friend who is going to be an aide in his class was there waiting for them. So I know he is in good hands. Thanks Diane!

2 comments:

Tiffany Walker said...

Such cute pictures of your family! How fun that you got to go to Hawaii. I am glad you had a great time. I can't believe you dare to scuba dive. You amaze me! I know it has been a long time since we have chatted, but I just wanted to say HELLO! I hope to get our blog started soon, when I do, I will let you know!

Nikki said...

How cute..They are growing up so fast.