Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hot!Hot!Hot!

From 2010-03-24 Cruise10

We made it! We were actually able to go on our cruise. We were not sure we were going to be able to. Alex was released from the hospital on Wednesday and he was doing awesome and so we decided that it was ok if we left. My mom was here and was on Alex detail and my sister in law and brother were here to take care of everything else. A big thank you to all of them. They deserve it!!
We flew to Miami and spent Thursday night and Friday there. We never made it to the beach because it was a little to cold and rainy. We did go to a Gator park though. It was fun. I even held an alligator!! I only did it for my boys! I hope they were impressed. You will notice by the look on my face I was not thrilled but I can now say I have done it. Oh the things we do for our children.
From 2010-03-24 Cruise10

Eric was more than happy to hold the alligator
From 2010-03-24 Cruise10


We boarded the Carnival Liberty on Saturday and set sail for the Western Caribbean. We were with Eric's sisters, Cheri, and Pam and his brother Scott and our friends Barry and Alicia. It was so much fun. Of course all the boys cared about was all the food. They literally planned their days around the food. I can honestly say I was never hungry. Now for those of you who know me, know how I love all types of food :). So my dinner each night consisted of either steak or chicken. I know there were all these wonderful different foods to try and that is what I had. I was happy though. We had a blast.
From 2010-03-24 Cruise10

Our ports were Cozumel, Caymans and Jamaica. We went scuba diving in Cozumel and Caymans. The water is so beautiful. The colors so bright and we saw so many fun things underwater. Thankfully, no sharks in sight!!! In Jamaica we hiked Dunns Falls. It was so awesome! We had a great time hiking up the falls and our tour guides made it even more fun. We also did the bobsled ride while in Jamaica.
Overall, it was so much fun. I would recommend a cruise to one and all. We did not have to worry about a single thing the entire trip. We were spoiled. Your bed is made each day, food is cooked, bed turned down each night with chocolate mints waiting. We did not have to lift a single finger to do anything. It was heaven!

This fish followed us around at a very close distance. It was a little to close for my comfort.
From 2010-03-24 Cruise10

From 2010-03-24 Cruise10

Gotta love the hair!
From 2010-03-24 Cruise10

Here we are at Dunns Falls!
From 2010-03-24 Cruise10

From 2010-03-24 Cruise10

From 2010-03-24 Cruise10

From 2010-03-24 Cruise10

This was Eric on our last day! He was so tired!
From 2010-03-24 Cruise10

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Looks Like SO MUCH FUN!!! I can't believe how big that alligator is. I was thinking a baby alligator. That was HUGE! Way to go!!!

Kim Allgood said...

You guys are such a fun couple. We miss you in our ward! Glad you had a fun cruise. I am still waiting to hear the words from Jared, "Kim, we are going on vacation!" Oh what bliss that would be.

Becca Brown said...

Fun pictures!! I'm so glad you got to go & that you were able to relax & have such a great time. Cruises are the best. =)

Brit H. said...

I am so glad that you guys had fun! The Carnival Liberty is the same ship that we were on, only we did the Eastern Caribbean.

Looks like you had a blast! We need to catch up soon!

Trish said...

How fun! I have never been on a cruise before, but it looks like a great time. Someday!