Monday, December 14, 2009

Its beginning To look a lot like...

Christmas!!! It is our favorite time of year. We love decorating the tree and putting up our lights and everything. Eric started early this year getting the lights up outside. We learned that you put the lights up before it gets cold. We won't turn them on until after Thanksgiving but we had them up well before. He loves to decorate everywhere. Every year he wants more and more lights and decorations for outside and every year there is not enough according to him. He did a great job and I think it looks great. I will have to try and get a picture of it to post.
We also got a real tree this year. I grew up with real trees and Eric grew up with fake. So I always teased him that he never had a "real" Christmas. Of course once we got married and I took over the money we got a fake tree. But I have not liked our tree for years and so Eric said we could get a real tree this year. I looked at prices and was like no way we will just put up our fake one. But Eric talked me into it and I love it. I love the smell of the tree and the fullness of it and everything about it.
This year I gave up trying to make my tree look perfect(it never does) and just let the boys decorate it how they wanted. They loved it and had fun with it and so enjoyed it. That is what it is all about anyways. After looking at some of these pictures I see how big Andrew is getting. He is throwing peace signs and saying "sweet". Oh to be 9 and so cool. he also would not sit on Santa's lap this year. When we asked him why he said, "Didn't you hear the Bishop's story?" He said that he left Santa a note on Christmas Eve and he hadn't told anyone what he wanted for Christmas and he got it. So that is what he is sticking to.
From 2009-12-14 thanksgiving 09

From 2009-12-14 thanksgiving 09

From 2009-12-14 thanksgiving 09

From 2009-12-14 thanksgiving 09

1 comment:

LINDSEY said...

So fun!!!! Cutest kids ever